Want to become a Referee?
For both youth and adults, this is an outstanding opportunity to become official US Soccer Referees. You do not need to be an active participant (player, coach, etc.) in EDHSC to become a referee for the club. Younger referees will get valuable leadership experience and all referees will gain a better appreciation for the laws of the game.
Payment is typically $25-$50 per game, depending on role (center referee vs. assistant referee), age group, and level of competition (comp vs. rec).
- Minimum age to take the course is 12 years old. But please note, game assignment it as at the discretion of our assignor and is not guaranteed for 12-year olds. Referees must be at least 1 age group older than the teams they're refereeing, which means there are limited opportunities for 12-year olds.
- You must attend all classroom and field sessions. When you register, you'll see the course consists of 3 modules. The 8-11 AM and 11:30-2:30 PM modules are in the classroom, while the 3-6 PM module is on the field.
- Pass the Entry Level Course exam, which can be taken at home, online, after the classroom and field sessions.
- Commit to ongoing study of the “Laws of the Game” (soccer playing rules) outside of class.
- Purchase a referee uniform.
We will be hosting referee certification classes at the CSD Pavilion in El Dorado Hills on the following dates in 2019:
- Saturday, June 29 (click here to register)
- Saturday, July 27 (click here to register)
- Saturday, August 17 (click here to register)