The EDHSC Recreational Program relies on parent volunteer coaches who seek to create an enjoyable learning experience for soccer players of all skill levels. We expect our coaches to interact positively with all players and promote an environment that is fun-filled and brings out the joy of playing soccer.
EDHSC provides coaching resources and guidance so that anyone with great interpersonal skills can volunteer to coach a soccer team regardless of soccer experience or knowledge. Coaches are encouraged to introduce age/ability appropriate activities in practice, promote a connection amongst teammates, and provide a fun and safe environment for our players. Below is a summary of the requirements, expectations, and benefits of being an EDHSC volunteer coach.
1. REGISTER as a volunteer coach in Got Sport. Required annually.
2. READ, E-SIGN & IMPLEMENT the EDHSC Coach Code of Conduct at the time of online registration. Required annually.
3. COMPLETE the newly updated LiveScan through Capital Live Scan. Required once, but new process for 2022 which is outlined here. Make sure to select our soccer club when directed to select a “district/league/club” drop down value. It should display: "60507 - ROLLING EL D - DISTRICT 6 - 05-07 ROLLING HILLS/EL DORADO HILLS SC". If you have been live scanned in previous seasons for EDHSC, you do not need to get another one. You will need to complete this even if you have had a livescan for another sport or company.
4. COMPLETE the Background Check. This is a two step process. First step is submitting in registration in GotSport, which will transition the requirement to "pending". The coach receives an email with a link to complete the background check. The invitation to do that expires after 15 days.
Items 5, 6 & 7 are done in your U.S. Soccer Account. Link for Site.
5. COMPLETE the U.S. Soccer Introduction to Safe & Healthy Playing Environments online course (Concussion Training). Required annually. Located under Courses, Available Courses, Supplemental Courses on US Soccer Learning Site.
6. COMPLETE the U.S. Center for SafeSport Core Training online course. Required once, however a shorter Refresher course is required annually and available through GotSport Dashboard. Located under Courses, Available Courses, Supplemental Courses on US Soccer Learning Site.
7. COMPLETE the U.S. Soccer Introduction to Grassroots Coaching online course. Required once. Located under Courses, Available Courses, License Pathway Courses (Introduction) on US Soccer Learning Site.
8. ATTEND an in-person and virtual Pre-Season Coaches Meeting provided by EDHSC. Required annually. In-person training and equipment handout will be at CSD East on Feb 25th, 2023 from 10:30 AM. Virtual Coach Meeting will be Feb 25th, 2023 from 9-10 AM, link will be provided via email. Contact your AGC if you have any questions.